Friday, May 18, 2007

Blogs need to be visually appealing!!!

Hi Hi,

After reading all of your blog posts about the "case studies" for this week, I realize how important it is for blogs to be visually appealing. Stephanie, Kaush, Christy and Gerry all noted that they were turned off by Georgia State's library blog because of it's formatting and drab colours. I did not find Georgia State's blog too bad, but one pet peeve I do have regarding blogging is when people choose to use dark letters on a dark background. How do they expect anyone to be able to read their posts??!! I found an interesting article about useful blogging tips entitled: Ten ways to become a better blogger. Check out # 2!!!

3 comments:

Joanne said...

10 ways...great article! Thanks for posting it!

Unknown said...

I'm all for number two, it's too bad that blogging sites don't allow for easy re-designing, well at least mine doesn't (well it does but you have to pay extra) I don't know about blogger?

Alexandra said...

Hi Marco,
Did you use a WordPress template when creating your blog? Do you mean that you cannot change the template after you set up your account? With Blogger, if you want to change the look of your blog it is very easy. When you set up a blog using a template options of changing page elements, fonts and colours, editing HTML or picking a new template all together are always available. So, if I get tired of my green Loco Librarian blog, I can always spice things up with new colours!