Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Darien Library Blogs--Good Job!

I must say that I am very impressed with the main page of the Darien Library Blogs. The page includes links to all ten of their blogs and also to the Darien Library Podcasts. It also offers an easy way to subscribe to the feeds from these blogs. I also really appreciate that the library explains the terms "blog" and "RSS" and how to use them. They even include links to various articles incase anyone needs further clarification. I think that this is a great way to attract repeat users. People who are new to blogs and RSS may feel intimidated by many library blogs, which generally do not offer much explanation. The main page of the Darien Library Blogs makes it apparent that the library staff want to help users get the most out of the blogs.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Hi Alexandra. I really liked this one too. It seemed so user-friendly...perfect for attracting those who may not be as familiar with blogs.

I was suprised that they were able to provide access to all those different blogs in such a clear, well-laid out manner. It's a good way to cover a lot of different topics without losing that specific focus that seems to be so important for the success of a blog.

Daka said...

Hey Alexandra! I agree with you on the lay-out. I wish other libraries with multi-blogs laid them out in such an efficient manner. This is the frst I have seen so far. I made a comment on my blog that I am not always sure I am in the right place - it is difficult to argue that here. People normally under- estimate the power of 'ease of use'. If you can achieve this, I think you have won a large part of the battle!